RENEW BROOKLYN NINE NINE
I ONLY WATCH LIKE 4 THINGS
THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS#RenewB99
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) May 10, 2018
The very next day, a miracle in the form of a peacock, flew in and saved the day: NBC announced they picked up B99. Suddenly those solemn tweets turned into 280 characters of jubilation, including one from this nerd:
— Julie Nicole (@julep0405) May 12, 2018
Flashforward to this year’s San Diego Comic Con, where the show made it’s Con debut, a packed Indigo Ballroom welcomed the entire cast with a standing ovation, and NBC gave fans a first glimpse of a special announcement.
If you weren’t one of the lucky ones in attendance (or were a badge holder who was turned away after waiting all day in line because clearly, someone didn’t get how tight this show is), here’s the full panel in all of its glory:
Little trivia for you: Fast forward (but don’t do that because that would be uncouth and this panel is ah-mazing) to the 49:03 mark. Wondering who that fan turned to for a little help during the trivia game? Um, that would be me. Consider me your Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cliff’s Notes.
It’s been over a month, I am still riding the high of being in the same room as Andy Samberg and fam, screaming “Nine-nine!” and honestly believing that Terry Crews heard me over the deafening screams of the crowd. What could possibly be better than that?
Brooklyn Nine-Nine started production on season six this week.
Although we don’t have a premiere date and rumor has it that NBC only ordered 13 episodes – a departure from its typical 22 episode season – all that pales in comparison to the fact that fans will still be able to watch Jake Peralta and the rest of the 99th precinct. So, what do I hope to see this next season? Here’s my wish list! (Be warned: if you haven’t finished the series up to this point, I’m about to spoil it for you. Title of your sex tape.)
Julie’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine Wish List (Pay attention, NBC.)
- Newlyweds Jake and Amy having to go to couples therapy. Not because they’re fighting with each other, but because they have to figure out a way to manage Charles.
- Captain Raymond Holt becoming Commissioner Raymond Holt.
- Halloween and the fight for Amazing Human/Genius championship belt, or cummerbund if you speak Holt.
- Rosa’s mom finally coming to terms with her daughter’s bisexuality and revealing her change of heart in a tense game of Pictionary.
- Hitchcock and Scully to eat one piece of fruit. Just kidding. That will never happen.
- Charles to actually put out a food blog for fans of the show.
- Terry loving his yogurt. Source
- Gina finally meeting Beyonce, and rubbing or dancing it in Floorgasm’s face. Source
- John McClane – aka Bruce Willis – as a guest star, preferably around Christmas, and thus proving once and for all that Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
- Two words: Doug. Judy. Source