No, your eyes have not betrayed you. Juan Pablo is the new Bachelor and will soon be a common household name. Mr. Clean, Bob Saget, Barack Obama, who? Oh, Juan Pablo.
Here are 3 quick reasons why everyone will know Juan Pablo:
1. Hailing from the far away land of Venezuela, he is The Bachelor’s first Latino bachelor. We have been waiting for this day for 17 long seasons. It’s time we finally spice things up. Think accents, salsa moves, culture, perspective, not your average, boring ass white dude who played football in college. Nope. Juan Pablo played soccer. (He also played professionally after college. Hubba hubba)
2. He is the most adorable and caring father. His 4 year old daughter Camila is the center of his world and he is sure to let everyone know. She calls him papi and they sing Spanish songs in the car together. Will you be my dad, JP? #creepy
3. He’s not ashamed to admit that the producers of the show are making him take English lessons.
They don’t think the audience watching at home can understand him and his accent. Which reminds me of the very moment I fell in love with him:
It happened when he was a contestant on last season’s The Bachelorette. They were on an oh-so-casual outing in Switzerland, like any normal first date, and went to the top of a mountain to make friends with a yodeler. Juan Pablo couldn’t pronounce the world yodel. GUYS, HE COULDN’T SAY YODEL. It was one of the most adorable things ever captured on camera. Watch for yourself.
Hopefully you understand by now that Juan Pablo is the perfect man. He’s as flawless as they come. Yes, there has been 1 whole episode of the show, so of course I know that is a fact.
Here are 3 confusing things that happened during the first episode:
1. There was only 1 Latina woman for him to choose from. Out of the 27 women cast, they couldn’t choose just 1 Spanish speaker? (The woman is Brazilian.) I am not saying Juan Pablo needs to end up with a Latina woman, but considering the fact that he, his entire family, his daughter and his baby mama (who he remains good friends with, btw) are all Latino and speak mainly Spanish, you would think that maybe they would cast a few similar people. #Amiright? I’m not even going to mention the lack of other ethnicities or that the majority of the women are under 25 and have professions such as “free spirit” and “former NBA dancer.” I’ll save that post for another day.
2. Juan Pablo liked the girl who pretended to be pregnant. She stepped out of the limo with a big, pregnant belly, and he asked to touch it. He seemed to believe it was real and didn’t even think it was weird! She ended up getting a rose that night which was just confusing. But hey, I blame it on the cultural differences.
3. The opera singer DIDN’T WANT HIS ROSE. Listen, if Juan Pablo offers you drugs, you take them. If Juan Pablo offers you his dead pet capybara that he stuffed and mounted in a frame, you accept it with open arms and treat it as your first born child. If Juan Pablo offers you the first impression rose, immunizing you from being sent home, you take it and suggest making a sibling for Camila right there on the couch. THERE IS NOTHING YOU DON’T ACCEPT FROM JUAN PABLO. In the end, she said “sure” to his rose and all of America cringed.
So what do you think about this seasons Bachelor Juan Pablo? Are you as excited as I am for the Latin flavor infused into this show?
Written by Rachael
Rachael would like you to ignore the fact that she grew up in the middle of Mennonite-ville Pennsylvania and focus on the fact that she’s Latin-American at heart. From food to dancing to the boys (duh), Rach loves Latin culture. She has spent time living in both Bolivia and Costa Rica & currently resides in the City of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia). She loves cats and loves to run (just don’t ask where she’s going if she veers off the road while running) Also her sister runs this site & therefore wrote this bio for her.