So our Host game has been ridiculous the past few weeks. Besides it being a Stephenie Meyer film and besides our new crushes Max and Jake AND besides our pal Shersh we really enjoyed it. Which is probably why we see like ALL The Host news in our feeds ALL the time. Case in point the lovely Mr. Jake Abel has a new little project out called The Mumblers. Yup, him and his gal pal Allie Wood and I’ve heard the lovely Boyd Holbrook (oh hai!) are in a “band” together and they posted a preview of their upcoming EP:
We put together a list of our fave lyrics from this preview of Jake Abel and The Mumblers
1. “You’re a dirty rotten mumbler, don’t wanna hear no more.” (Speak up! I’m old.)
2. “You know you knock me out, like a right hand hook. You stole my heart, like a no good crook.” (Fun fact: Mohammed Ali’s OTHER nick name was “No Good Crook!”)
3. “You can smell it on my breath, you can see it in my eyes.” (Clearly this is a song about a breathalyzer test gone awry)
4. “I said hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.” (Hey, yourself)
5. “I can’t get no… I can’t get no…” (Hey Keith and Mick you think you can help them with this line?)
So yea, that’s a thing you can listen to and buy… conveniently available on MARCH 29th! Yes, the day of The Host release! Now all that’s missing is an LOD for the musical adventures of The Host cast… and a few shows at the Hotel Cafe and it’s like Twilight never ended. Only this one hopefully won’t involve shoulder pads, scrunchies and Jackson Rathbone. WHAT?
Oh and if you needed a reminder… The Host FINALLY comes out THIS FRIDAY, March 29th! Go see it… go love it… go whatever!
In case you haven’t seen ALL the rest of our Host coverage, go HERE!