So yesterday Beth made an assumption about me that because I liked Superman with Dean Cain & Terri Hatcher as a kid, I probably also liked Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. To which I replied ‘HECK YES I LOVED THAT SHOW.”
To be fair my mom loved that show, but I was also allowed to watch probably because it didn’t have much sex. Although in my mind it had a lot of sex. Didn’t Dr. Quinn and Sully do it one time? I don’t remember, but here, let me google that for you.
Apparently they DID do it, after marriage, of course, on a TRAIN.
Back in ’95, Jane Seymour said of the love scene:
“We have a wonderful, delightful love scene in the train. He (Lando) carries me aboard . . . and carries me to bed. He starts to undo my laces and I say, ‘It’s not even dark yet!’ So he pulls down a blind; we kiss. He pulls down another blind, another lace; we have another kiss. He closes another blind; another kiss. . . . I get up and pull down the last blind and we have a long kiss. It’s wonderfully romantic.”
Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me? I actually remember that scene like it was yesterday. Upon my googling I also discovered this scene, which I remember like it was 5 minutes ago:
Dannggggg was Sully always that hot? Yes. He was ALWAYS that hot.
Who doesn’t love a dirty, western man in a snuggly scarf?
Forget Beautiful Bastard and the skinny tie, put this guy & his flowing locks on the front of every romance novel (this IS the guy on those books they sell in grocery stores, right?)
And there’s that shadow that was constantly on his face reminding us that daily, no matter how hard the day, 5:00 always comes.
So today I thought we’d appreciate Joe Lando, Sully from Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, for the hot piece of man meat from my 12 year old dreams that he was. Let’s check in on what good ol’ Joe has been up to. How is the sexy man with the flowing locks? Is he still as dreamy as he was back in that train on ’95?
Ughhh… Sully? Is that you? Why, God, WHY would he cut off his locks, shave & put on a shirt?
Maybe that was an off day… Turns out this year Joe was seen in 8 episodes on The CW show “The Secret Circle.” I know what you’re wondering: Did he have his shirt off in any of those episodes?
Doesn’t look like it, but he posed in front of bright lights in a super great coat. And the facial hair is back. I forgive him.
A couple other fun facts about Joe Lando:
- Joe JUST celebrated a birthday on 12/9. He turned 51. I don’t know if I feel relieved that he wasn’t born in 1986 like all my crushes seem to be these days or grossed out that he’s 5 years younger than my dad.
- He’s on Twitter (oh you know we’re tweeting him today!)
- JoeLando.org The fansite
that I frequentwhere I found all these Joe Lando fun facts has news updates going back to 1999. That makes me a little sad that we gave up on Rob Pattinson after 4 years.
I know what you’re asking, and yes.. the website has auto-play music…..
- Joe occasionally participates in a Q&A on his fan site in a segment called Ask Joe. (I know what YOU’RE doing for the rest of the day!)
- His fansite features an amazing gif on their homepage of what seems to be Joe making love to a basketball….
- He has 4 kids with his wife of 15 years. Sorry ladies 🙁
Today the 12 year old inside of me is really happy for a few reasons:
- All those pictures of Sully of course (plus that video- WATCH IT AGAIN!)
- There’s hope that as long as I keep him from oxford shirts & small sunglasses-glasses (aka transition lenses), my husband can be a hot older man version of his former self 17 years from now
- I’m now following Sully from Dr. Quinn on Twitter
- If you go to this Joe Lando fansite it makes a fabulous noise when you hit “movie stop” that woke me up in the middle of my boring work-day
- I now have a vision in my mind of what someone who has been running a Joe Lando fansite since the mid-90s might look like. (you’re thinking forever single, tons of cats & a few bedrooms full of Joe-Lando shrines too, right?)
What about you? Were you into Sully from Dr. Quinn? Think Joe Lando can be your new dad-crush?