The goddesses (ha) must be listening because good friends of this blog, Christina Hobbs (@seeCwrite) and Lauren Billings (@lolashoes), have taken the fic hit, The Office (oh yes, that one), reworked it, and were offered a publishing deal through Simon & Schuster’s Gallery imprint (that’s a big deal, yo). Beautiful Bastard (the new title) will hit the shelves February 12, 2013.
So why is this any different from that 50 Shades crapola? I’m glad you asked…
TOP 5 REASONS BEAUTIFUL BASTARD WILL BE 50 TIMES BETTER THAN 50 SHADES:
- The writing. THE WRITING. THE WRITING. If you haven’t experienced any of Lauren and Christina’s joint collaborations, be prepared for a treat. Plus, they have professional editors — people who get paid to do this for a living. You understand my point if you read the other hot mess. Rubbish Bins anyone?
- You suddenly start reevaluating your underwear drawer. POWER PANTIES FOR EVERYONE!
- The Beautiful Bastard may be an ass, but is COMPLETELY Douche-Doable (copyright: Jamie and Christina at Comic Con listening to Seth MacFarlane on a panel – he’s an ass, you know it, he knows it, but something about that makes him hotter). [Side note: This could totally be a post for another day. Ode to all the Douche-doable celebs out there. I’ve got my eye on you Justin Timberlake.]
- The main characters have naughty, naughty sex, but it isn’t because Chloe reminds BB of his crack-whore mother…(oh, whoops, 50 Shades Spoiler Alert).
- Chloe isn’t just some mousy girl pushover, this girl is on FIRE. Cue the Alicia Keys music.
And oh, start saving your pennies now. La Perla may not be cheap, but there are always sales!
We at TN are SUPER EXCITED for our pals and for everyone to get caught reading Beautiful Bastard in public. Make sure to follow Lauren & Christina on Twitter as well as the fan account @BeautifulBastrd!
A quick note: The authors feel much more kindly to the Fifty Shades Trilogy than I do, and these opinions – despite our close friendship- are all my own.