If you’ve ever bought a house, you are probably quite familiar with what my life now looks like:
- Multiple trips to Home Depot and Lowes. Sometimes coming out empty handed
- SO MANY Lists of ALL THE THINGS we need to buy and do, none of which we can afford since we, ugh, just bought a house
- Tools are covering my new kitchen counters
- Concerns about new problems we now notice that we didn’t realize until the keys were in hand
- Feeling freedom because this month our house is FREE (since you don’t pay your mortgage for a good month + after closing)
Since last time I had a house concern you guys were really helpful (I Found a storage bench!) I thought I’d come to you with my newest pressing need:
I can’t find a bathroom vanity I like
The downstairs half bath vanity is super ugly. It’s the kind of thing that is NOT a priority to swap out except we are having the floors redone, so we have to rip it out so the floors can be finished underneath it. And if we’re ripping it out anyway… we might as well replace it now, right?
1. It has to sit on the floor
Our pipes come up from the floor, not the wall. And that can’t be changed. No floating shelves for me 🙁
2. It’s a small bathroom, so it can’t be too big.
I don’t know the measurements. My boyfriend measured our entire house in CAD (Some engineering/architecture software) and I am too dumb to even read the document. But I do know how far away from the door jam all the outlets in the middle bedroom are, guys!
*Ps I just asked him and he said it has to be under 2’ 8” wide.
3. I don’t like pedestal sinks
4. I really don’t want to spend more than a few hundred dollars.
This is NOT a priority, but it’s something that we probably have to do NOW.
Here is my dream vanity. Of course, it was custom made by someone in Canada:
View this post on Instagram
Another view of of this powder room we revealed last week. Many of you thought it was tile work on the wall but it’s actually wallpaper! 🤗 Mirror and soaps are from our store @ldshoppe , which btw we are still hiring for! Send in those resumes or tag someone you think would be perfect!
I could MAYBE live with this Vanity from Lowes:
Though committing to the Navy blue isn’t something I’m quite prepared for.
And after an hour and 1/2 searching (instead of writing this post) and many hours earlier this week, that’s all I have. Two options, one I’m not thrilled with and one that isn’t a real option.