Here are the best moments of the Super Bowl LIII:
1. The Unhoneymooners By Christina Lauren showed up this week
And I’m SO excited to dig in.
Julie told us about it a few weeks ago, and I can’t wait to read it! To quote Julie from her post:
Two sworn enemies, a free trip, a fake marriage, and the possibility of hot sex in Hawaii? Yes to all of this and the tropical puns you know we’re going to make when talking about this book: sex on the beach, getting lei-d, beach please.
2. I got a new copy of The Magnolia Journal in the mail this week.
Yeah, her style is too southern farmhouse for me, and there haven’t not been semi-problematic stuff over the years, but Chip and Joanna are relationship goals, their farm seems really cool and I like their line at Target. Sue me. I’m basic.
(The magazine makes me want to live a simpler life, too)
3. This Dietz Nuts Commercial
“What a fun snack!”
4. That nap I took from kickoff till :50 left in the 2nd
Oh man, it was needed. I only got a few hours of sleep last night because I was watching a great show! Spoiler for my next best Moment of Super Bowl LIII!
5. Broadchurch Season 3.
I’ve finally been watching this show, and I’m almost done Season 3 and it’s crazy. David Tennant has gotten so likable and I love how badass Ellie has become! We are super hipster, and Lorena wrote about Broadchurch in 2013.
6. The Apple I ate during halftime Show
It was so crisp, cool, and the perfect combo of sweet and tangy! The almond butter I dipped it in was the perfect touch. (I’m on a semi-Whole30 this month so this was the best I could do as a “fun snack!”)
7. Coke is so much better than Pepsi
Don’t drink soda because it’s really bad for you, but when you do, drink Coke.
8. Back when Adam Levine used to be hot
Oh yeah, he’s totally douchey, but he used to be HOT and douchey. Who was that during the half-time show, or whatever they tried to pass off as a “show”?
9. That time no one high-fived Tom Brady
10. That commercial spoiler from NCIS that Ziva David might be alive.
I haven’t watched NCIS show since seasons before they killed her off, but here’s a story bout how DiNozzo is the absolute worst.
11. Bonus: Last year when the Eagles won
Patriots-country TN writer Amy made this for a friend last year. See her Cross Stitch creations at on Etsy