Were you getting a message about malware being present on TN earlier? Don’t worry– it was a FALSE alarm that affected many sites (including “REAL” sites like latimes.com & stuff) that Google is slowly correcting. Have no fear. We didn’t steal your credit card info. Today anyway..
I have to say, as a contemporary adaptation of Tolstoy’s War and Peace, Beautiful Bastard is a failure.
However as a sexy, fun office fantasy read, it gets from That’s Normal which is a symbol we just decided means you should read it.
If you read some of nastygrams we’ve read about this book you’d think people expect it to be the next great American novel. GUYS— this is a book about that hot sexy asshole sitting across from you in that weekly meeting that you fantasize about getting frisky with in the copy room (Do companies actually have those? We don’t at my office– so my meeting fantasies are usually about us actually GETTING a copy room. That would be boring as a book.
See that’s why I don’t write books. I leave it to girls like Christina & Lauren.)
Beautiful Bastard is the story of Bennett Ryan and Chloe Mills. Chloe is an up and coming MBA intern in the marketing department of Bennett’s families company. Bennett is Chloe’s boss. And he’s a complete bastard. A beautiful one. Like really beautiful. After months of unresolved sexual tension in the office, a late afternoon meeting in the conference room changes everything. And ruins a couple pair of La Perla panties.
Since Beautiful Bastard comes out right before Valentine’s Day (2/12/13), we thought we’d share a few things we think make it the perfect romantic “beach read” for the middle of February. It’s kinda like Christmas in July. But not really at all.
- Chloe Mill’s love for La Perla will remind you that your ratty old cotton panties with that odd discoloring probably aren’t turning on your man anymore
- That stairwell at work will no longer be just a stairwell. The dressing room at the mall will be so much more– an opportunity.
- Ya know that “headache” you’ve had for the past few months every time your man looks at you at night in bed? It’ll be gone after reading BB
- You’re now inspired to apply to that MBA program you’ve been putting off (sorry– no guarantees you’ll get a Bennett Ryan as your boss. More than likely he’ll have a combover and coffee breath)
- The smart girl finally gets the hottest man in the room. Plus she can somehow magically afford $100 panties on an intern’s salary.
So if you enjoy witty dialogue with hot steamy sex, and if you need something to get you through the winter blues (and especially if you’re a fan of the original fan fiction The Office), make sure to pre-order Beautiful Bastard or go pick up the book on 2/12/2013 at an actual bookstore. Apparently those still exist!
Win some rip-worthy panties of your own!
We want to give away $100 gift certificate to La Perla* to get you in some new rip-worthy panties. Just comment on this post by the end of the day Friday 2/8 (11:59 pm ET) with a reason why you’re excited to read Beautiful Bastard.
We’ll pick our favorite response so multiple comments are welcome! Be creative/funny (or hey– brutally honest!).
And now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for: Panty Count. Five. Yes. I used the cringe-worth word “panties” 5 times in this post. At least I didn’t say “moist.” Oops.
*In case you don’t have a La Perla close by & would rather not shop online, we can substitute the gift certificate for another lingerie store!
Thank you Jamie for writing this post with me xoxoxox. 4 TN asterisks for you too