Last night was the finale and I’m finally ready to talk about it… You guys, I’m pretty obsessed with Master’s of Sex on Showtime.
Maybe it’s because it stars Aro and Janis Ian or maybe it’s because it talks about taboo subjects… ok, it was really Aro and Janis Ian that made me start tuning in. It’s turned into one of those obsessions where you find yourself knee deep in wikipedia late at night in bed, reading about the personal history of Dr. Masters and Virginia Johnson. You know that kind of obsession. The one where you’re reading an interview from Time magazine from the late 80s and looking up videos and pictures. It’s like Twilight and JAAMF level only with real life historical people. Does this mean my nerd card gets the illusive historical nerd punch now?
Now that the season finale has aired you can watch ALL of the episodes. Back to sexy back. I’m actually jealous of you right now. And I’m writing this because I need to find someone else out there who as into this as I am. I need my Heughligans/Twilighters/Whovians/Whatever! I’ll even give us a name… Masterbators. No? Big Johnsons. No? Ok, I’ll get back to you on our fandom name but really, where are you people? For those who have no idea what I’m talking about here I go with…
Reasons You Should Watch Masters of Sex on Showtime
1. Learn something about yourself… and your downstairs area… and his downstairs area… like:
- Sitting in chairs can arouse women (have you set your DVR yet?)
- Cycles of light affect fertility
- Orgasms make you more creative
- Women fake orgasms. A lot.
2. Watch so you can imagine Michael Sheen using his Aro voice while giving a pelvic exam
Am I the only one?
Good luck trying not to laugh the next time your legs are up in stirrups.
4. They call their medical research dildo/vibrator/camera: ULYSSES. Yup.
5. The men.
If you have a thing for the guys on Mad Men (and this post blatantly calls it the next Mad Men. WHAT?) then take a seat and tune in because the shellacked comb overs, bow ties, tailored suits and horn rimmed glasses flow like cheap wine at a book club.
Source Source Source
6. There’s men doing it with older women. Women doing it with Ulysses. Men doing it with Men. Couples doing it in the name of medical research. People just doing it for fun. It’s ALL here. Masters of Sex talks unabashedly, frankly and honestly about sex in all shapes and sizes and it’s awesome. I hope this show sticks around for a while and I hope their openness spurs us to have these kinds of discussions in our every day lives.
Ok, so there you have it. Now who is watching Masters of Sex Showtime?!?!?! Where are my fellow Masterbators? Ok, I really gotta work on that fandom name.