What I’m trying to say is, my day to day has been a lot like this:
Here’s what I’ve been doing to get over the sads:
- I’ve been wearing this hoodie that says SNACKS on it. Every little bit helps, people.
- I’ve been watching Magic Mike a lot. (I know, you’re shocked.)
- I’ve been making my patented Lazy Girl Martini. Oh, what’s that? It’s sort of like a Skinnygirl Margarita, except with fewer chemicals and f*cks given. Here’s the recipe, don’t tell anyone SHHH:
Recipe for Lazy Girl Martini: put an ice cube in a water glass. Pour some vodka in there. Add some vermouth. Feel great about yourself.
— Elise Ramsay (@eliseramsay) June 30, 2013
- I’ve been getting so hungover that I send texts that simply say “halp,” and require a friend to physically come to my apartment to deliver said halp. Because she’s the best friend in the world, this care package included saltines, Advil, Airborne, some colorful crafty tape, a green smoothie, a book called Smashed and another book called The Male Brain.
- I’ve been buying myself a lot of flowers.
- I’ve been buying hats I don’t need.
- I’ve been cleaning out my closet, and keeping the good stuff. Like this jacket, obviously.
- I’ve been doing a lot of dancing around my apartment instead of packing. I also pretend that I coined the phrase: “When in doubt, dance it out.”
- I’ve been listening to the same few songs over and over again, because my teenage self will never die and that is #normal, okay?
This. F*cking. Song. This song will be the end of me:
Then I follow it up with this one to be at least a little bit uplifting, because damn:
That’s about it, folks. That’s my guide (?) to getting over your summer sads. Get a great hoodie, watch some terribly great movies, drink your sorrows away, feel even more sorry the next morning, make some questionable purchases, TREAT YO SELF to some flowers, and wallow in that music. I got you. We got this.