Find us on Facebook
Sorry. No data so far.
Really? REALLY? You hated Newsroom? Let me first push aside the fact that I don’t hate what HBO does ever and try to understand you a little bit. (…….this is me trying……) Nope- don’t get it.
Is it because you want to punish Jeff Daniels for doing Dumb & Dumber all those years ago? Is it because, like me, you sometimes get Jeff confused with Uncle Joey from Full House and blame him for the downfall of America’s Funniest Home Videos?” (Which, by the way, still exists despite something call YouTube.)
Here’s one horrific review:
It’s a mess. One moment it’s going for pinpoint vérité, with the staff at “News Night” reporting real news stories and appropriating the real rhythms of an adrenalized office in the sweaty throes of breaking-news overdrive. The next, it’s hairpinning into screwball comedy….but The Newsroom just feels lost, flailing for an identity.
Well, whatever, Businessweek. Who reads you anyway? Businessmen? If you didn’t notice there was some eye-candy in this show. And I thought it as amazing. Let me count the reasons why:
1. Will’s monologue in the beginning? His “tirade” toward the sorority girl? Amazing. I wish I felt that passionate about America and where it could/should/would/can be.
2. Emily Mortimer is perfection. And not because she once posed for this photo:
3. The douchey EP Don (real name Thomas Sadoski according to IMDB) is yummmmyy
4. All the JOKES about Will having a blog- LOLs guys!
5. Um…. did anyone see what I saw immediately regarding character Jim Harper?
HE’S THE NEW JIM HALPERT! And his character hasn’t knocked up the secretary, had a couple kids & become a much less sexy married man…. yet. Looking forward to the sexual chemistry between Jim Halpert & that assistant girl with the cute dress that could’ve used a red belt.
6. It made me realize the stress at my job is NOT that bad!!! I was sweating just watching them go to work— kinda makes my freak out over a newspaper ad deadline much less…. important. (Yep. I just said “newspaper” and no this isn’t 1992)
7. But speaking of 1992— was news good then? I don’t know, but I do know that it used to be sometime in the past. News anchors used to be watchable. People didn’t used to fight and scream and call each other nasty things on your nightly news. People watched the nightly news. People other than our parents. And this show made me hopeful that I’ll get to experience that someday.
Okay maybe not, but in the meantime I’m going to have a good ol’ time with adorable British accents (I FORGOT TO MENTION DEV PATEL!), hairless handsome chests peeking out of v-neck shirts & the new Jim Harper-Halpert to crush on Sunday nights.
Can’t wait to see more!
Did you watch? What did you think?
Sorry. No data so far.